Saturday, January 17, 2015

Back to Crocheting

A whole load of events, over which I had no control, seemed to take over last year.

First there were the Distance selling regs which meant I had to re-evaluate the way I ran the website. With Ravelry not being able to provide a shopping cart which complied with the regulations, I had to change my instant download provider.

Then came the EU VAT. More changes to the website but many of which could no be done until the last minute due to not having clear guidelines to follow.

All of this meant no new patterns!!!!!


That is set to change this year. My first pattern is finished already!

This Tiger blanket (no, not a Zebra) was designed in collaboration with one of my students, partly as a learning exercise.

She is making hers in orange and black DK. I just used some yarn I had in my stash which happened to be cream and grey aran.

It is worked in 3 panels, with the middle one being flipped over to match up the stripes before they are sewn together.

Short rows are used to make the wiggly stripes. These also make for an interesting pattern on the background.

The pattern is just the first four stripes which are repeated. Because is is designed this way you can make it as big or as small as you wish. And in any type of yarn.

The pattern is currently with testers and translators. Watch this space for when it will be available.


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:36 pm

    Enfys, kudos to you for hanging in there and finding new solutions to the new complications -- shows determination and drive, and we're proud of you! I love love love tigers (sort of ehh about zebras, wicked beasts), so am just crazy about this new pattern that is coming! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ignore the sharp claws and teeth, tigers are far more cuddly than zebras.

      Delete

All genuine comments welcome but please don't spam. All comments are moderated and anything I consider spam is deleted.