Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I Won!!!!!!

I didn't expect to, despite all of you telling me I should.

Yes, there was a lot of time, effort and work that went into it.

Yes, I am especially pleased with it and think it is the best thing I have ever produced.

But, the thing is, I know the standard of work that some of the other ladies produce.

That makes my win all the more special, knowing that I was up against some very steep opposition.

It really was fun to do. Sometimes it is nice to crochet "Just Because". Not because I had an order or because I was writing a pattern.

However, due to popular demand, there will be a pattern. I have even started writing it.

I did mention somewhere that I might consider a winter project. It was an off hand comment that was taken seriously. The problem is, I don't have time for one. I do, however, have a whole load of unfinished projects which got thrown in the wardrobe when I broke my wrist.

I really think they could do with finishing.

Do you remember these?

This is going to be the first project I need to finish. Lots of the letters are done, I just need the photos and finish off the others.

Both of these are in yarn with a 3.00mm hook. The upper case letters measure 19cm tall.

I have started working on "Nadolig Llawen" in thread and a 1.50mm hook. The upper case letters measure 11.5cm.

Also, I don't have the money for one. That Clematis was quite expensive to make with all the thread I used. And I have made the decision to learn to drive.

This will mean saving up as much as I can for the lessons - which, as anybody knows, are not cheap.

So, if anybody fancies a name or a "Merry Christmas", I am taking orders. And you can order them in the safe knowledge that you money is going to a wrth while cause!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Well done you. Your work is always a winner with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done you x I think your work is amazing x Leigh x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Enfys. Your work is certainly award winning. TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations :) :) love the crocheted letters :)

    ReplyDelete

All genuine comments welcome but please don't spam. All comments are moderated and anything I consider spam is deleted.